Friday, March 21, 2008

ShiftHappens

A colleague recently blogged a link to a video about the massive shift that is going on, socially and technologically. At the end of the video is calls for the viewer to get involved by reading, and hopefully participating in, this wiki.

I encourage you to watch the video and take part, in your own way, in this important and global conversation.

What do I plan to do?

Well, to start I posted this into my blog - please track back to this if you feel so inclined. Post something into your blog, bring this to your own network.

I RSSed the blog and also requested permission to join it. You can do the same!

I plan to post a link to the video for my writing class. The theme for our section this semester is social issues, so this fits right in. We start each class off with a writing exercise. They get five minutes to write, and two or three minutes to edit, a piece on a topic I announce in class. They post their work into the discussion board of our course management system (we use BlackBoard). It will be interesting to see how the react.

No comments: